What’s included in the basic bookkeeping package?
- Every month we reconcile all business bank and credit card accounts. Also, every month we categorize all business related income and expense transactions and issue monthly financial statements which include a Balance Sheet and Income Statement (Profit & Loss). These reports will help you better understand your business and where your money is going, so that you can make future decisions easily. Unlimited email support is also included.
What qualifications do you have?
- Fourteen years experience in the bookkeeping industry. I have taken basic accounting courses to learn about the accounting side of the books. I have also worked in an accounting office for eight years. I have an Office Administration certificate, and I am a certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor.
What information do I have to share?
- We will need access to your business bank and credit card account statements, as well as loan details. Many banks allow for accountant access read-only bank accounts. This access helps us keep our fees affordable and efficiency high. We will also need all receipts and invoices to accurately record each transaction in your books.
What are the benefits of using QuickBooks Online?
- We use QuickBooks Online bookkeeping software for many reasons. Some include: being able to sign in and use the software from anywhere or on any device. You, your bookkeeper, and your accountant can log into the QB account from any web browser. No backups, your data is secure on Intuit servers. iPad and iPhone apps are free. No software to manage. Automatically sends invoices, statements, and reports. Can import your bookkeeping data from other accounting software into QB Online if needing to make the switch. Includes receipt capture, which lets you snap a photo of your receipts to email to the bookkeeper, and store them digitally in QB Online, which means it isn’t necessary to keep shoeboxes of papers around.
If I have a question, how long does it take to get an email response?
- We attempt to respond within 24 hours (except over holidays and weekends). We will respond as quickly as possible. If you would like to schedule a phone call, just send a message and we can set that up.
Is an engagement letter or contract required?
- Yes, an engagement letter or contract is required to outline the business relationship both parties are entering. It is a written agreement that outlines the terms and costs. Our contracts require the determined monthly fee to be paid prior to services being completed. A 30 day notification is required to cancel the contract.
How does the receipt management program work?
- Hubdoc is a secure cloud based receipt management software that allows you to take pictures of your receipts or bills as soon as you receive them so none get lost. All you have to do is set up a Hubdoc account through my invitation, then you can start taking pictures. The program will categorize receipts according to the information in the picture, which is then reviewed before extracting the information into your books.