What’s included in the basic bookkeeping package?
- Every month we reconcile all business bank and credit card accounts. Also, every month we categorize all business related income and expense transactions and issue monthly financial statements which include a Balance Sheet and Income Statement (Profit & Loss). These reports will help you better understand your business and where your money is going, so that you can make future decisions easily. Unlimited email support is also included.
What qualifications do you have?
- Fourteen years experience in the bookkeeping industry. I have taken basic accounting courses to learn about the accounting side of the books. I have also worked in an accounting office for eight years. I have an Office Administration certificate, and I am a certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor.
What information do I have to share?
- We will need access to your business bank and credit card account statements, as well as loan details. Many banks allow for accountant access read-only bank accounts. This access helps us keep our fees affordable and efficiency high. We will also need all receipts and invoices to accurately record each transaction in your books.
If I have a question, how long does it take to get an email response?
- We attempt to respond within 24 hours (except over holidays and weekends). We will respond as quickly as possible. If you would like to schedule a phone call, just send a message and we can set that up.
Is an engagement letter or contract required?
- Yes, an engagement letter or contract is required to outline the business relationship both parties are entering. It is a written agreement that outlines the terms and costs. Our contracts require the determined monthly fee to be paid prior to services being completed. A 30 day notification is required to cancel the contract.
How does the Hubdoc program work?
- Hubdoc is a secure cloud based receipt management software that allows you to take pictures of your receipts as soon as you receive them so none get lost. All you have to do is set up a Hubdoc account through my invitation, then you can start taking pictures. The program will categorize receipts according to the information in the picture, which is then reviewed before extracting the information into your books. Here are some benefits to using Hubdoc:
- Automatically extracts information from receipts, bills, and invoices.
- Export all of this data into QuickBooks Online accounting system.
- All data is secure on Hubdoc’s cloud based servers.
- No need to keep papers around.
- Very user friendly and easy to navigate.
- Your business benefits include: save time, stay organized, reduce paper waste, automate your data entry, have time to grow your business.
What are the benefits of using QuickBooks Online?
We use QuickBooks Online for our accounting software. There are many benefits to using QuickBooks Online:
- Discount on your monthly subscription when you sign up through my business.
- Convenient remote access.
- You, your bookkeeper, and your accountant can log in to the QB account from any web browser.
- No backups – your data is secure on Intuit servers.
- Automatically send invoices and statements.
- Automatically send reports.
- iPad and iPhone apps are free
- No software to manage
- Can import your bookkeeping data from other accounting software into QuickBooks Online if needing to make the switch.